RECORD NUMBER OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Given the overwhelming surge in applications from international students, the competition for acceptance into American universities is fiercer than ever.
- The number of Indian students studying in the U.S. jumped by almost 25% in the 2015/2016 academic year.
|U S Residents||International|
LOWER TUITION RATES
As a U.S. green card holder, your children may qualify for reduced “in-state” tuition rates.
- Foreign student tuition rates at top U.S. public universities maybe as much as $200,000 higher than “in state” tuition over a four year period
As a U.S. green card holder, students may qualify for merit-based scholarships and awards reserved only for U.S. residents and citizens
DURING COLLEGE & POST COLLEGE
THE H-1B EMPLOYMENT VISA HAS NEVER BEEN TOUGHER TO OBTAIN
Given the increased number of international students, foreign university students and graduates are subject to a highly competitive annual lottery system in order to obtain the required H-1B employer-sponsored visa. The requirement to be “sponsored” by an employer after graduation causes a competitive disadvantage for top positions and reduces the opportunity to pursue entrepreneurial opportunities.
REMOVE UNCERTAINTY FROM YOUR CHILDREN’S EMPLOYMENT OPTIONS
- In April 2016, the USCIS held a lottery for 65K H-1B visas from over 236,000 applications
- Probability of receiving an H-1B visa via the lottery in 2016 was approximately 25%
- Many top U.S. companies (e.g. PwC, BCG, Morgan Stanley) will rarely interview foreign students for summer internships and increasingly will not interview for permanent positions either
- Even if foreign students are fortunate enough to receive offers from U.S. companies that are willing to sponsor them, those offers may be rescinded if the student is eventually unsuccessful in the lottery
U.S. GREEN CARD IS VOLUNTARY AND CAN BE RETURNED AT ANY TIME
OTHER KEY BENEFITS